Mastering Palo Alto Networks
- Paperback: 514 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 7, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789956374
- ISBN-13: 978-1789956375
Mastering Palo Alto Networks: Set up next-generation firewalls from Palo Alto Networks and get to grips with configuring and troubleshooting using the PAN-OS platform
To safeguard against security threats, it is crucial to ensure that your organization is effectively secured across networks, mobile devices, and the cloud. Palo Alto Networks’ integrated platform makes it easy to manage network and cloud security along with endpoint protection and a wide range of security services. With this book, you’ll understand Palo Alto Networks and learn how to implement essential techniques, right from deploying firewalls through to advanced troubleshooting.
The Mastering Palo Alto Networks book starts by showing you how to set up and configure the Palo Alto Networks firewall, helping you to understand the technology and appreciate the simple, yet powerful, PAN-OS platform. Once you’ve explored the web interface and command-line structure, you’ll be able to predict expected behavior and troubleshoot anomalies with confidence. You’ll learn why and how to create strong security policies and discover how the firewall protects against encrypted threats. In addition to this, you’ll get to grips with identifying users and controlling access to your network with user IDs and even prioritize traffic using quality of service (QoS). The book will show you how to enable special modes on the firewall for shared environments and extend security capabilities to smaller locations.
- Perform administrative tasks using the web interface and command-line interface (CLI)
- Explore the core technologies that will help you boost your network security
- Discover best practices and considerations for configuring security policies
- Run and interpret troubleshooting and debugging commands
- Manage firewalls through Panorama to reduce administrative workloads
- Protect your network from malicious traffic via threat prevention
By the end of this network security book, you’ll be well-versed with advanced troubleshooting techniques and best practices recommended by an experienced security engineer and Palo Alto Networks expert.