Mastering Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Paperback: 744 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 1, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118089537
- ISBN-13: 978-1118089538
Mastering Microsoft Lync Server 2010
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 maximizes communication capabilities in the workplace like no other Unified Communications (UC) solution. Written by experts who know Lync Server inside and out, this comprehensive guide shows you step by step how to administer the newest and most robust version of Lync Server. Along with clear and detailed instructions, learning is aided by exercise problems and real-world examples of established Lync Server environments. You’ll gain the skills you need to effectively deploy Lync Server 2010 and be on your way to gaining all the benefits UC has to offer.
- Gets you up and running with Lync Server whether you are migrating from Office Communications Server or new to Lync Server.
- Walks you through all of the essential stages for deploying Lync Server
- Shows integration with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Demonstrates how to monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems more efficiently
Mastering Microsoft Lync Server 2010: An in-depth guide on the leading Unified Communications platform
Mastering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is a must-have resource for anyone looking to manage all the various forms of communication from one user interface.
From the Back Cover
Mastering Microsoft Lync Server 2010: Unified Communications Made Easier with Lync and This Practical Guide
If you’re in charge of Unified Communications (UC), this book is for you. Covering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 in detail, this practical guide shows you how to harness Lync’s new capabilities and streamlined tools to simplify the implementation of UC across your business, large or small. From handling installation, remote access, and security to coordinating video chats, VoIP, social media, web conferencing, and more, you’ll find a wealth of information and real-world examples on how to get the very most out of this high-demand UC technology.
- Mastering Lync fundamentals such as tools, standards, protocols, and security
- Planning deployment, implementing, and handling upgrades from Office Communications Server
- Managing with Lync Control Panel and PowerShell
- Setting up Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Monitoring, archiving, and troubleshooting
- Getting started with Telephony, connecting to the PSTN, and deploying your own conference bridge
- Integrating with Exchange, SharePoint®, and Group Chat as well as other non-Microsoft hardware and software products such as Gateways, PBXs, and other IM clouds
Learn How to Plan, Install, Configure, and Troubleshoot Lync
Understand All Client, Server, and Voice Features
Coordinate Web and Video Conferences, Enterprise Telephony, and Desktop Sharing
Find Invaluable Examples of Actual Lync Deployments
Leverage Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service and Lync Mobile Clients
About the Author
Nathan Winters is a Unified Communications Technical Specialist (TS) at Microsoft U.K. He has worked with some of the U.K.’s largest companies deploying Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010 and Office Communications Server 2007 and Lync 2010. In 2006, Nathan founded the Microsoft Messaging and Mobility User Group U.K. He is a four-time MVP for Exchange Server, a speaker at events in both the U.S. and U.K., and a published writer with leading industry resources such as Windows IT Pro magazine and Microsoft TechNet Magazine.
Keith Hanna, Microsoft Certified Master for Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS), is a Senior Consultant with Microsoft Consulting Services. He has been working with OCS and Lync since before they launched and has been involved with some of the world’s largest deployments. He also develops content for the Microsoft Lync Ignite training series with Microsoft TechNet and has contributed to the Lync Resource Kit.