Mastering Linux Security and Hardening
- Paperback: 376 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 11, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1788620305
- ISBN-13: 978-1788620307
Mastering Linux Security and Hardening: A comprehensive guide to mastering the art of preventing your Linux system from getting compromised
This book has extensive coverage of techniques that will help prevent attackers from breaching your system, by building a much more secure Linux environment. You will learn various security techniques such as SSH hardening, network service detection, setting up firewalls, encrypting file systems, protecting user accounts, authentication processes, and so on. Moving forward, you will also develop hands-on skills with advanced Linux permissions, access control, special modes, and more. Lastly, this book will also cover best practices and troubleshooting techniques to get your work done efficiently.
- Use various techniques to prevent intruders from accessing sensitive data
- Prevent intruders from planting malware, and detect whether malware has been planted
- Prevent insiders from accessing data that they aren’t authorized to access
- Do quick checks to see whether a computer is running network services that it doesn’t need to run
- Learn security techniques that are common to all Linux distros, and some that are distro-specific
By the end of this Mastering Linux Security and Hardening book, you will be confident in delivering a system that will be much harder to compromise.