Mastering Graphics Programming with Vulkan
- Paperback: 382 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 10, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803244798
- ISBN-13: 978-1803244792
Mastering Graphics Programming with Vulkan: Develop a rendering framework by implementing next-generation 3D graphics, leveraging advanced Vulkan features, and getting familiar with efficient real-time ray tracing techniques uncovered by leading industry experts
Vulkan is now an established and flexible multi-platform graphics API. It has been adopted in many industries, including game development, medical imaging, movie productions, and media playback. Learning Vulkan is a foundational step to understanding how a modern graphics API works, both on desktop and mobile.
In Mastering Graphics Programming with Vulkan, you’ll begin by developing the foundations of a rendering framework. You’ll learn how to leverage advanced Vulkan features to write a modern rendering engine. The chapters will cover how to automate resource binding and dependencies. You’ll then take advantage of GPU-driven rendering to scale the size of your scenes and finally, you’ll get familiar with ray tracing techniques that will improve the visual quality of your rendered image.
- Understand resources management and modern bindless techniques
- Get comfortable with how a frame graph works and know its advantages
- Explore how to render efficiently with many light sources
- Discover how to integrate variable rate shading
- Understand the benefits and limitations of temporal anti-aliasing
- Get to grips with how GPU-driven rendering works
- Explore and leverage ray tracing to improve render quality
By the end of this Mastering Graphics Programming with Vulkan book, you’ll have a thorough understanding of the inner workings of a modern rendering engine and the graphics techniques employed to achieve state-of-the-art results. The framework developed in this book will be the starting point for all your future experiments.