Mastering Digital Electronics
- Paperback: 483 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 8, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484298772
- ISBN-13: 978-1484298770
Mastering Digital Electronics: An Ultimate Guide to Logic Circuits and Advanced Circuitry
Discover the essential knowledge and practical skills to excel in the dynamic field of digital electronics with Mastering Digital Electronics. From the fundamentals of diode resistor logic to unraveling the intricacies of TTL and CMOS logic gates, this book takes you on a journey through the evolution of digital electronics. Starting with the humble SR latch and progressing to the revolutionary JK flip flop that powers today’s computer technology, you’ll gain a solid foundation in binary arithmetic, Boolean algebra, and the representation and optimization of digital circuits.
The book gives a firm understanding of digital electronics, then moves on to using standard design methods, such as state diagrams, to design everyday logic circuits such as counters, shift registers, PISO, and SIPO registers. It delves into how to design some challenging digital circuits such as a crossroad set of traffic lights with a pelican crossing and how to use the 555 timer to control a variety of applications. At every stage of the book, you will be learning how to use TINA version 12, an industry standard ECAD and many of its functions. Moreover, the book ventures into using the software to simulate and so confirm all the circuits you design.
What You’ll Learn
- What logic gates are, and the difference between sequential and combinational logic
- How to use binary numbers and how to perform all arithmetic operations
- Learn about the five basic logic gates; AND, NAND, OR, NOR and EXOR gates
- How to minimize logic circuits using Boolean algebra and Karnaugh maps
- How to state diagrams to design logic circuits
- How to design a range of logic circuits
- Learn about combinational circuits and the half and full adder as well as a logic circuit to subtract binary numbers
- Learn about the 555 timer and how to apply it to a range of logic circuits
For readers interested in advancing to the practical implementation of the circuits discussed, the book provides opportunities to design PCB circuit boards for selected circuits using the software. This Mastering Digital Electronics book will suit any student of digital electronics at any level and provide them with essential reference material for them to start a career in digital electronics.