Machine Learning Security Principles
- Paperback: 450 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804618853
- ISBN-13: 978-1804618851
Machine Learning Security Principles: Thwart hackers by preventing, detecting, and misdirecting access before they can plant malware, obtain credentials, engage in fraud, modify data, poison models, corrupt users, eavesdrop, and otherwise ruin your day
Businesses are leveraging the power of AI to make undertakings that used to be complicated and pricy much easier, faster, and cheaper. The first part of this book will explore these processes in more depth, which will help you in understanding the role security plays in machine learning.
As you progress to the second part, you’ll learn more about the environments where ML is commonly used and dive into the security threats that plague them using code, graphics, and real-world references.
The next part of the book will guide you through the process of detecting hacker behaviors in the modern computing environment, where fraud takes many forms in ML, from gaining sales through fake reviews to destroying an adversary’s reputation. Once you’ve understood hacker goals and detection techniques, you’ll learn about the ramifications of deep fakes, followed by mitigation strategies.
This book also takes you through best practices for embracing ethical data sourcing, which reduces the security risk associated with data. You’ll see how the simple act of removing personally identifiable information (PII) from a dataset lowers the risk of social engineering attacks.
- Explore methods to detect and prevent illegal access to your system
- Implement detection techniques when access does occur
- Employ machine learning techniques to determine motivations
- Mitigate hacker access once security is breached
- Perform statistical measurement and behavior analysis
- Repair damage to your data and applications
- Use ethical data collection methods to reduce security risks
By the end of this Machine Learning Security Principles book, you’ll have an increased awareness of the various attacks and the techniques to secure your ML systems effectively.