Learning Kibana 7 – Second Edition
- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 19, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838550364
- ISBN-13: 978-1838550363
Learning Kibana 7, 2nd Edition: A beginner’s guide to analyzing and visualizing Elasticsearch data using Kibana 7 and Timelion
Kibana is a window into the Elastic Stack that enables the visual exploration and real-time analysis of your data in Elasticsearch. This book will help you understand how you can use Kibana 7 for rich analytics and data visualization.
If you’re new to the tool or want to get to grips with the latest features introduced in Kibana 7, this book is the perfect beginner’s guide. You’ll learn how to set up and configure the Elastic Stack and understand where Kibana sits within the architecture. As you advance, you’ll learn how to ingest data from different sources using Beats or Logstash into Elasticsearch, followed by exploring and visualizing data in Kibana. Whether working with time-series data to create complex graphs using Timelion or embedding visualizations created in Kibana into your web applications, this book covers it all. It also covers topics that every Elastic developer needs to be aware of, such as installing and configuring application performance monitoring (APM) servers and agents. Finally, you’ll also learn how to create effective machine learning jobs in Kibana to find anomalies in your data.
- Explore the data-driven architecture of the Elastic Stack
- Install and set up Kibana 7 and other Elastic Stack components
- Use Beats and Logstash to get input from different data sources
- Create different visualizations using Kibana
- Build enterprise-grade Elastic dashboards from scratch
- Use Timelion to play with time-series data
- Install and configure APM servers and APM agents
- Work with Dev Tools, Spaces, Graph, and other important tools
By the end of this Learning Kibana 7, Second Edition book, you’ll have a solid understanding of Kibana, and be able to create your own visual analytics solutions from scratch.