- Paperback: 317 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 20, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098133919
- ISBN-13: 978-1098133917
Learning Git: A Hands-On and Visual Guide to the Basics of Git
This Learning Git book teaches Git in a simple, visual, and tangible manner so that you can build a solid mental model of how Git version control works. Through the use of color, storytelling, and hands-on exercises, you will learn to use this tool with confidence.
This book covers how to:
- Download Git and initialize a local repository
- Add files to the staging area and make commits
- Create, switch, and delete branches
- Merge and rebase branches
- Work with remote repositories including cloning, pushing, pulling, and fetching
- Use pull requests to collaborate with others
The information is introduced incrementally so that you don’t get bogged down with unknown terms or concepts. Learning Git is ideal for anyone who needs to use Git for personal or professional projects: coding bootcamp students, junior developers, data professionals, and technical writers, to name just a few!