Learning Geospatial Analysis with Python – Third Edition
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789959276
- ISBN-13: 978-1789959277
Learning Geospatial Analysis with Python, 3rd Edition: Learn the core concepts of geospatial data analysis for building actionable and insightful GIS applications
Geospatial analysis is used in almost every domain you can think of, including defense, farming, and even medicine. With this systematic guide, you’ll get started with geographic information system (GIS) and remote sensing analysis using the latest features in Python.
This book will take you through GIS techniques, geodatabases, geospatial raster data, and much more using the latest built-in tools and libraries in Python 3.7. You’ll learn everything you need to know about using software packages or APIs and generic algorithms that can be used for different situations. Furthermore, you’ll learn how to apply simple Python GIS geospatial processes to a variety of problems, and work with remote sensing data.
- Automate geospatial analysis workflows using Python
- Code the simplest possible GIS in just 60 lines of Python
- Create thematic maps with Python tools such as PyShp, OGR, and the Python Imaging Library
- Understand the different formats that geospatial data comes in
- Produce elevation contours using Python tools
- Create flood inundation models
- Apply geospatial analysis to real-time data tracking and storm chasing
By the end of the Learning Geospatial Analysis with Python, Third Edition book, you’ll be able to build a generic corporate system, which can be implemented in any organization to manage customer support requests and field support personnel.