Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Third Edition
- Paperback: 396 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (February 9, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1835087736
- ISBN-13: 978-1835087732
Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins, 3rd Edition: Integrate Jenkins, Kubernetes, and more on cloud into a robust, GitOps-driven CI/CD system, leveraging JCasC, IaC, and AI for a streamlined software delivery process
This updated Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Third Edition is your one-stop guide to implementing CI/CD with Jenkins, addressing crucial technologies such as cloud computing, containerization, Infrastructure as Code, and GitOps. Tailored to both beginners and seasoned developers, the book provides a practical path to mastering a production-grade, secure, resilient, and cost-effective CI/CD setup.
Starting with a detailed introduction to the fundamental principles of CI, this book systematically takes you through setting up a CI environment using Jenkins and other pivotal DevOps tools within the CI/CD ecosystem. You’ll learn to write pipeline code with AI assistance and craft your own CI pipeline. With the help of hands-on tutorials, you’ll gain a profound understanding of the CI process and Jenkins’ robust capabilities. Additionally, the book teaches you how to expand your CI pipeline with automated testing and deployment, setting the stage for continuous deployment. To help you through the complete software delivery process, this book also covers methods to ensure that your CI/CD setup is maintainable across teams, secure, and performs optimally.
- Understand CI with the Golden Circle theory
- Deploy Jenkins on the cloud using Helm charts and Jenkins Configuration as Code (JCasC)
- Implement optimal security practices to ensure Jenkins operates securely
- Extend Jenkins for CI by integrating with SonarQube, GitHub, and Artifactory
- Scale Jenkins using containers and the cloud for optimal performance
- Master Jenkins declarative syntax to enrich your pipeline coding vocabulary
- Enhance security and improve pipeline code within your CI/CD process using best practices
By the end of the Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins, 3rd Edition book, you’ll have become an expert in implementing and optimizing CI/CD setups across diverse teams.