Learn WinUI 3, Second Edition
- Paperback: 386 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (October 31, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1805120069
- ISBN-13: 978-1805120063
Learn WinUI 3, 2nd Edition: Unlock the power of WinUI and supercharge your Windows app development with .NET and C# using this beginner’s guide
WinUI 3 takes a whole new approach to delivering Windows UI components and controls and has the ability to deliver the same features across multiple versions of Windows. Learn WinUI 3 is a comprehensive introduction to WinUI and Windows apps for anyone who is new to WinUI and XAML applications.
This updated Learn WinUI 3, Second Edition begins by helping you get to grips with the latest features in WinUI and shows you how XAML is used in UI development. The next set of chapters will help you set up a new Visual Studio environment, develop a new desktop project, incorporate the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern in a WinUI project, and develop unit tests for ViewModel commands. Next, you’ll cover the basics of data access from WinUI projects with a step-by-step approach. As you advance, you’ll discover how to leverage the Fluent Design System to design beautiful WinUI applications. You’ll also explore the contents and capabilities of the Windows Community Toolkit and learn how to create cross-platform apps with markup and code from your project using Uno Platform. The concluding chapters will teach you how to build, debug, and deploy apps to the Microsoft Store.
- Discover the latest features of WinUI 3 and learn how to provide product feedback
- Understand the WinUI project structure and the app lifecycle
- Use the MVVM pattern in WinUI and discover open source MVVM projects
- Find out how to create a simple data store to save app data between sessions
- Get to grips with incorporating the concepts of Fluent Design into a WinUI app
- Discover how to use push notifications and app notifications in WinUI
- Reuse WinUI views and view models in a cross-platform Uno Platform app
By the end of this Learn WinUI 3, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have learned how to build WinUI applications from scratch and how to modernize existing desktop apps using WinUI 3 and the Windows App SDK.