Learn Kotlin Programming – Second Edition
- Paperback: 514 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 29, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789802350
- ISBN-13: 978-1789802351
Learn Kotlin Programming, 2nd Edition: Delve into the world of Kotlin and learn to build powerful Android and web applications
Kotlin is a general-purpose programming language used for developing cross-platform applications. Complete with a comprehensive introduction and projects covering the full set of Kotlin programming features, this book will take you through the fundamentals of Kotlin and get you up to speed in no time.
Learn Kotlin Programming, Second Edition covers the installation, tools, and how to write basic programs in Kotlin. You’ll learn how to implement object-oriented programming in Kotlin and easily reuse your program or parts of it. The book explains DSL construction, serialization, null safety aspects, and type parameterization to help you build robust apps. You’ll learn how to destructure expressions and write your own. You’ll then get to grips with building scalable apps by exploring advanced topics such as testing, concurrency, microservices, coroutines, and Kotlin DSL builders. Furthermore, you’ll be introduced to the kotlinx.serialization framework, which is used to persist objects in JSON, Protobuf, and other formats.
- Explore the latest Kotlin features in order to write structured and readable object-oriented code
- Get to grips with using lambdas and higher-order functions
- Write unit tests and integrate Kotlin with Java code
- Create real-world apps in Kotlin in the microservices style
- Use Kotlin extensions with the Java collections library
- Uncover destructuring expressions and find out how to write your own
- Understand how Java-nullable code can be integrated with Kotlin features
By the end of this book, you’ll be well versed with all the new features in Kotlin and will be able to build robust applications skillfully.