Learn ASP.NET Core 3 – Second Edition
- Paperback: 572 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789610133
- ISBN-13: 978-1789610130
Learn ASP.NET Core 3, 2nd Edition: A beginner’s guide to build a fully functioning web application from scratch using the latest features of ASP.NET Core 3 and C# 8
ASP.NET Core is an open source framework from Microsoft that makes it easy to build highly efficient and dynamic cross-platform web applications. Updated for the latest features of ASP.NET Core 3, this second edition will equip you with the skills you need to build powerful web applications.
The book starts with an introduction to ASP.NET Core and its features, giving you a complete understanding of the framework. You will also learn how to set up your development environment with Visual Studio 2019 and build a fully functioning application from scratch. You’ll then understand core concepts for building web applications such as Model View Controller (MVC), dependency injection, and WebSockets. As you advance, you’ll discover how to use Entity Framework Core 3 to automate all database-related activities for your application. You will then build and document secure web APIs using security best practices to protect your web applications from threats and vulnerabilities. Finally, you will learn how to use Azure DevOps as a CI/CD tool to deploy and monitor your applications using Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Docker.
- Delve into basic and advanced ASP.NET Core 3 concepts with the help of examples
- Build an MVC web application and use Entity Framework Core 3 to access data
- Add web APIs to your web applications using RPC, REST, and HATEOAS
- Create a fully automated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using Azure DevOps
- Use Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Docker to deploy and monitor your applications
- Secure your web application from common attacks such as Cross-Site Scripting and SQL injection
- Explore client-side development using C# Razor components
By the end of this Learn ASP.NET Core 3, Second Edition book, you’ll have the skills you need to develop efficient and robust web applications in ASP.NET Core 3.