Kubernetes Secrets Handbook
- Paperback: 294 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 31, 2024)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180512322X
- ISBN-13: 978-1805123224
Kubernetes Secrets Handbook: Gain hands-on skills in Kubernetes Secrets management, ensuring a comprehensive overview of the Secrets lifecycle and prioritizing adherence to regulatory standards and business sustainability
Securing Secrets in containerized apps poses a significant challenge for Kubernetes IT professionals. This Kubernetes Secrets Handbook tackles the critical task of safeguarding sensitive data, addressing the limitations of Kubernetes encryption, and establishing a robust Secrets management system for heightened security for Kubernetes.
Starting with the fundamental Kubernetes architecture principles and how they apply to the design of Secrets management, this book delves into advanced Kubernetes concepts such as hands-on security, compliance, risk mitigation, disaster recovery, and backup strategies. With the help of practical, real-world guidance, you’ll learn how to mitigate risks and establish robust Secrets management as you explore different types of external secret stores, configure them in Kubernetes, and integrate them with existing Secrets management solutions.
Further, you’ll design, implement, and operate a secure method of managing sensitive payload by leveraging real use cases in an iterative process to enhance skills, practices, and analytical thinking, progressively strengthening the security posture with each solution.
- Explore Kubernetes Secrets, related API objects, and CRUD operations
- Understand the Kubernetes Secrets limitations, attack vectors, and mitigation strategies
- Explore encryption at rest and external secret stores
- Build and operate a production-grade solution with a focus on business continuity
- Integrate a Secrets Management solution in your CI/CD pipelines
- Conduct continuous assessments of the risks and vulnerabilities for each solution
- Draw insights from use cases implemented by large organizations
- Gain an overview of the latest and upcoming Secrets management trends
By the end of this Kubernetes Secrets Handbook, you’ll have a rock-solid Secrets management solution to run your business-critical applications in a hybrid multi-cloud scenario, addressing operational risks, compliance, and controls.