jQuery Mobile First Look
- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 11, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849515905
- ISBN-13: 978-1849515900
Discover the endless possibilities offered by jQuery Mobile for rapid Mobile Web Development
- Easily create your mobile web applications from scratch with jQuery Mobile
- Learn the important elements of the framework and mobile web development best practices
- Customize elements and widgets to match your desired style
- Step-by-step instructions on how to use jQuery Mobile
The jQuery Mobile framework is jQuery’s latest rabbit-out-of-the-hat project. The jQuery Mobile framework is open source and is supported by all the big players: iOS, Android, Bada, BlackBerry, Nokia, Ado, and so on. Considering all the names behind the project, it is a truly cross platform framework and porting applications made in jQuery mobile will be a snap with this new technology at your hands. Get to grips with everything you need to know to sprint through developing high-end web applications for mobiles.
jQuery Mobile First Look will show you the features of the jQuery Mobile framework, what they do, and how they can be used. It covers the installation thoroughly on all the machines as it is found with any new technology that the most difficult part is getting people to correctly install the product.
From Installation to specifications and from designing to deployment this book covers all the factors that you need to know before starting your own mobile web application development. Starting with an introduction to jQuery Mobile, the book will give you an overview of the key features of the framework and how they can be used to implement a mobile web application. Development tips and troubleshooting add to the standard information contained in these pages. The topics covered include everything the jQuery Mobile developer needs to know in order to create a full-feature web application for mobile devices. Ranging from a comparison of jQuery mobile with other popular frameworks and its installation on various Operating Systems to theming pages, website layout, and content formatting, the book presents information about buttons, toolbars, dialogs, forms, and list views, as well as suggesting best practices and workarounds to accomplish things in an alternative way.
A by-example guide that will let you explore all the features of jQuery Mobile and get you ready for all the mobile web development you will do.
What you will learn from this book :
- Discover why jQuery Mobile is a significantly better choice compared to other libraries and frameworks, most of which target iOS devices only
- Handle events, configure options, and customize the look and feel of jQuery Mobile
- Create and style pages and dialogs, and understand how links are handled by this framework
- Understand the fundamentals of list views and their importance in the way jQuery Mobile displays information
- Display content to suit your needs and make everything look like a full-fledged RIA even on a mobile screen
- Use toolbars to provide additional options and control to the user, and learn to position, theme, and enhance them
- Understand buttons and their key role in mobile development: how they can be grouped, displayed, customized for a better user experience
- Create forms and submit data via AJAX with jQuery Mobile: also implement sliders, toggle switches, and search inputs into your fieldset
Who this book is written for
This is a First Look book that allows existing jQuery users to get a look at the features of jQuery mobile. It is targeted at jQuery users who want to enter the exciting world of mobile web development. All you need is the basics of jQuery and an interest to get involved with mobile development and you can use this book as a launch-pad for your future ventures in mobile web development with jQuery Mobile framework.
[download id=”203″ format=”1″]