Java Programming 24-Hour Trainer
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (February 15, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470889640
- ISBN-13: 978-0470889640
Java Programming 24-Hour Trainer: A unique ebook-and-video package presented by Java guru Yakov Fain
As one of the most popular software languages for building Web applications, Java is often the first programming language developers learn. The latest version includes numerous updates that both novice and experienced developers need to know. With this invaluable book-and-video package, Java authority Yakov Fain fully covers Java’s new features as well as its language extensions, classes and class methods, and the Swing Application Framework. For each lesson that he discusses in the book, there is an accompanying instructional video to reinforce your learning experience.
From the Back Cover
Java Programming 24-Hour Trainer: A guru in the field gets you started programming with Java
As one of the most popular languages for building web applications, Java is often the first language that programmers learn to use. This self-paced book-and-video combination is an ideal introduction to the world of programming with Java. With it and the Java Development Kit, you can compile your first program. Assuming little or no programming experience, the easy-to-follow lessons are reinforced by step-by-step instructions on the DVD that demonstrate how to execute each task, allowing you to master Java programming quickly and seamlessly.
Java Programming 24-Hour Trainer:
- Teaches you the variety of Java-related technologies that are most in demand
- Covers the fundamental concepts, important terms, and best practices of programming with Java for real-world applications
- Covers the latest release of Java EE 6 used for developing server-side applications
- Walks you through writing and architecting practical Java applications
- Includes instructions for preparing for technical job interviews
WOW! eBook guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
On the DVD
- Don’t just learn do!
- The lessons within the book are each accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVD hours of video tutorials!
You’ll learn to:
- Understand Java basics
- Program with abstract classes and interfaces
- Develop UI with Java Swing
- Handle errors
- Explore concurrent execution
- Read data from the Internet
- Send e-mails with Java
- Work with Application Server
- Develop web applications with Servlets, JSP, and JSF
- Design with EJB and messaging
Please see the DVD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
About the Author
Yakov Fain works as a software architect for Farata Systems, a company that provides consulting services in the field of development of enterprise applications. He has authored several technical books and many articles on software development. Sun Microsystems has nominated and awarded Mr. Fain with the title of Java Champion, which has been presented to only a hundred and fifty people in the world. He leads the Princeton Java Users Group. Yakov’s Twitter id is @yfain.
[download id=”474″ format=”1″]