Jakarta EE Cookbook – Second Edition
- Paperback: 380 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 29, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838642889
- ISBN-13: 978-1838642884
Jakarta EE Cookbook, 2nd Edition: An enterprise Java developer’s guide to learning JAX-RS, context and dependency injection, JavaServer Faces (JSF), and microservices with Eclipse MicroProfile using the latest features of Jakarta EE 8
Jakarta EE is widely used around the world for developing enterprise applications for a variety of domains. With this book, Java professionals will be able to enhance their skills to deliver powerful enterprise solutions using practical recipes.
This Jakarta EE Cookbook, Second Edition takes you through the improvements introduced in its latest version and helps you get hands-on with its significant APIs and features used for server-side development. You’ll use Jakarta EE for creating RESTful web services and web applications with the JAX-RS, JSON-P, and JSON-B APIs and learn how you can improve the security of your enterprise solutions. Not only will you learn how to use the most important servers on the market, but you’ll also learn to make the best of what they have to offer for your project. From an architectural point of view, this Jakarta book covers microservices, cloud computing, and containers. It allows you to explore all the tools for building reactive applications using Jakarta EE 8 and core Java features such as lambdas. Finally, you’ll discover how professionals can improve their projects by engaging with and contributing to the community.
- Work with Jakarta EE’s most commonly used APIs and features for server-side development
- Enable fast and secure communication in web applications with the help of HTTP2
- Build enterprise applications with reusable components
- Break down monoliths into microservices using Jakarta EE and Eclipse MicroProfile
- Improve your enterprise applications with multithreading and concurrency
- Run applications in the cloud with the help of containers
- Get to grips with continuous delivery and deployment for shipping your applications effectively
By the end of this Jakarta EE Cookbook, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have become proficient in developing and deploying enterprise applications using Jakarta EE 8.