iPhone User Interface Cookbook
- Paperback: 262 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849691142
- ISBN-13: 978-1849691147
iPhone User Interface Cookbook: A concise dissection of Apple’s iOS user interface design principles
- Learn how to build an intuitive interface for your future iOS application
- Avoid app rejection with detailed insight into how to best abide by Apple’s interface guidelines
- Written for designers new to iOS, who may be unfamiliar with Objective-C or coding an interface
- Chapters cover a variety of subjects, from standard interface elements to optimizing custom game interfaces
iPhone User Interface Cookbook
The incredible growth rates for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad have pushed consumers to a new “App” economy, with developers racing to the platform. Mobile touch-centric interfaces vary greatly from traditional computing platforms, and programmers as well as designers must learn to adapt to the new form-factor.
The iPhone User Interface Cookbook offers a complete breakdown of standard interface design on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. You will learn the tools behind the trade, how to properly utilize standard interface elements, and custom UI tricks that will help your work stand out on the App Store.
The book is designed to be a complete overview of interface design on all iOS platforms, offering insight and an inside look into app design. A variety of topics are covered, starting with an overview of tools for the app interface designer, touching upon popular interface components such as the Tab Bar, and offering suggestions for complex game interfaces. Whether you’re new to the platform or a seasoned developer with numerous applications in the App Store, this book strives to teach everyone simple and easy to implement tips for iOS interface design. Regardless of skill level, the iPhone User Interface Cookbook offers a detailed breakdown of all things interface design.
What you will learn from this book :
- Implementation of Apple designed interface components that meet the required standards
- Make your application immediately familiar to the user
- Customize your interface, so it stands out in the App Store
- Practices to avoid so that Apple doesn’t reject your app
- Differences between the iPhone and iPad interfaces
- Preventing your interface from becoming obsolete with future operating system upgrades
- Making iOS specific touch screen device interfaces
- Guidelines to help keep your app accessible to all people
Written in a cookbook style, this book offers solutions using a recipe based approach. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information. The cookbook approach means you can dive into whatever recipes you want in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
The iPhone Interface Cookbook is written from the ground up for people who are new to iOS or application interface design in general. Each chapter discusses the reasoning and design strategy behind critical interface components, as well as how to best integrate each into any iPhone or iPad application. Detailed and straight-forward recipes help give guidance and build understanding far beyond what is offered through Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
[download id=”542″ format=”1″]