Implementing Cloud Design Patterns for AWS – Second Edition
- Paperback: 274 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789136202
- ISBN-13: 978-1789136203
Implementing Cloud Design Patterns for AWS, 2nd Edition: Create highly efficient design patterns for scalability, redundancy, and high availability in the AWS Cloud
Whether you’re just getting your feet wet in cloud infrastructure or already creating complex systems, this book will guide you through using the patterns to fit your system needs.
Starting with patterns that cover basic processes such as source control and infrastructure-as-code, the book goes on to introduce cloud security practices. You’ll then cover patterns of availability and scalability and get acquainted with the ephemeral nature of cloud environments. You’ll also explore advanced DevOps patterns in operations and maintenance, before focusing on virtualization patterns such as containerization and serverless computing. In the final leg of your journey, this book will delve into data persistence and visualization patterns. You’ll get to grips with architectures for processing static and dynamic data, as well as practices for managing streaming data.
- Implement scaling policies on schedules, influxes in traffic, and deep health checks
- Make complete use of highly available and redundant storage
- Design content delivery networks to improve user experience
- Optimize databases through caching and sharding
- Apply patterns to solve common problems
- Implement repeatable processes for deploying systems
By the end of this Implementing Cloud Design Patterns for AWS, Second Edition book, you will be able to design applications that are tolerant of underlying hardware failures, resilient against an unexpected influx of data, and easy to manage and replicate.