IBM Cognos TM1 Cookbook
- Paperback: 490 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 15, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682100
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682107
Build real world planning, budgeting, and forecasting solutions with a collection of over 60 simple but incredibly effective recipes with IBM Cognos TM1 Cookbook
- A comprehensive developer’s guide for planning, building, and managing practical applications with IBM TM1
- No prior knowledge of TM1 expected
- Complete coverage of all the important aspects of IBM TM1 in carefully planned step-by-step practical demos
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Practical recipes that illustrate the use of various TM1 features
IBM Cognos TM1 Cookbook
IBM Cognos TM1 is one of the most popular multidimensional analysis tools used to build collaborative planning, budgeting and forecasting solutions, as well as analytical and reporting applications. This cube-based technology does fast number crunching at the server end and helps end customers move away from manual and tedious planning, budgeting, and analytics processes.
IBM Cognos TM1 Cookbook is a complete manual to building and managing applications with IBM Cognos TM1.
Every important aspect of TM1 is covered with the help of practical recipes, which will make you well acquainted with the tool and you will be ready to take on TM1 projects in the real world. Existing TM1 users and developers will also benefit from the practical recipes covered in the book.
The book will start with a chapter focusing on fundamentals of MOLAP and dimensional modeling, which forms the foundation on which IBM Cognos TM1 is based. Thereafter chapters will be more TM1-specific, starting with an introduction on dimensions and cubes and how to create and manage them. Further chapters will dig deeper into TM1 objects and rules.
Then we will learn the more advanced features of TM1 such as automating common processes using scripts, customizing drill paths, using rules for advanced modeling, converting currencies, modeling for different fiscal requirements, and more.
At the end of the book, we will cover how to present data and reports, workflows, and TM1 application security.
What you will learn from this book :
- Create Dimensions in TM1
- Build cubes and views
- Control Access to TM1 Objects
- Extract, Transform, and Load Data using the Turbo Integrator
- Add business rules to your application
- Save time and storage by implementing SKIPCHECK and FEEDERS
- Automating Common Processes Using Scripts
- Customize Drill Paths
- Using Rules for Advanced Modeling
- Easily Convert Currencies
- Master workflows in TM1
- Add User Security to TM1 Applications
- Contributing business data before presenting it to the users using the contributor web client
Each recipe comprises step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information. It is packed with useful screenshots to make your learning even easier. The book emphasizes on a learn-by-example approach so as to maximize learning.
Who this book is written for
The book is intended for prospective TM1 developers or analysts who want to successfully build and manage a complete planning, budgeting and forecasting solution with IBM Cognos TM1. No previous knowledge of TM1 is expected.
Existing TM1 users and developers will also benefit from the practical recipes covered in the book.