How to Build Android Apps with Kotlin, Second Edition
- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (May 2, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837634939
- ISBN-13: 978-1837634934
How to Build Android Apps with Kotlin, 2nd Edition: Unleash the power of Android programming to build scalable and reliable apps using industry best practices
Looking to kick-start your app development journey with Android 13, but don’t know where to start? How to Build Android Apps with Kotlin, Second Edition is a comprehensive guide that will help jump-start your Android development practice.
This book starts with the fundamentals of app development, enabling you to utilize Android Studio and Kotlin to get started with building Android projects. You’ll learn how to create apps and run them on virtual devices through guided exercises. Progressing through the chapters, you’ll delve into Android’s RecyclerView to make the most of lists, images, and maps, and see how to fetch data from a web service.
You’ll also get to grips with testing, learning how to keep your architecture clean, understanding how to persist data, and gaining basic knowledge of the dependency injection pattern. Finally, you’ll see how to publish your apps on the Google Play store.
You’ll work on realistic projects that are split up into bitesize exercises and activities, allowing you to challenge yourself in an enjoyable and attainable way. You’ll build apps to create quizzes, read news articles, check weather reports, store recipes, retrieve movie information, and remind you where you parked your car.
- Create maintainable and scalable apps using Kotlin
- Understand the Android app development lifecycle
- Simplify app development with Google architecture components
- Use standard libraries for dependency injection and data parsing
- Apply the repository pattern to retrieve data from outside sources
- Build user interfaces using Jetpack Compose
- Explore Android asynchronous programming with Coroutines and the Flow API
- Publish your app on the Google Play store
By the end of this How to Build Android Apps with Kotlin, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have the skills and confidence to build your own creative Android applications using Kotlin.