Hands-On Test Management with Jira
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 19, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789954525
- ISBN-13: 978-1789954524
Hands-On Test Management with Jira: Learn best practices for testing with Jira and model industry workflows that can be used during the software development lifecycle
Hands-On Test Management with Jira begins by introducing you to the basic concepts of Jira and takes you through real-world software testing processes followed by various organizations. As you progress through the chapters, the book explores and compares the three most popular Jira plugins-Zephyr, Test Management, and synapseRT.
With this book, you’ll gain a practical understanding of test management processes using Jira. You’ll learn how to create and manage projects, create Jira tickets to manage customer requirements, and track Jira tickets. You’ll also understand how to develop test plans, test cases, and test suites, and create defects and requirement traceability matrices, as well as generating reports in Jira.
Toward the end, you’ll understand how Jira can help the SQA teams to use the DevOps pipeline for automating execution and managing test cases. You’ll get to grips with configuring Jira with Jenkins to execute automated test cases in Selenium.
- Understand QMS to effectively implement quality systems in your organization
- Explore a business-driven structured approach to Test Management using TMap NEXT
- Implement different aspects of test planning, test strategy, and test execution
- Organize and manage Agile projects in Scrum and Kanban
- Uncover Jira plugins available in the Atlassian Marketplace for testing and project
- Configure a DevOps pipeline for continuous integration using Jira with Jenkins
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained a clear understanding of how to model and implement test management processes using Jira.