Hands-On Serverless Computing with Google Cloud
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 14, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838827994
- ISBN-13: 978-1838827991
Hands-On Serverless Computing with Google Cloud: Effectively deploy fully managed workloads using Google Cloud’s serverless services
Google Cloud’s serverless platform allows organizations to scale fully managed solutions without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. With this book, you will learn how to design, develop, and deploy full stack serverless apps on Google Cloud.
The book starts with a quick overview of the Google Cloud console, its features, user interface (UI), and capabilities. After getting to grips with the Google Cloud interface and its features, you will explore the core aspects of serverless products such as Cloud Run, Cloud Functions and App Engine. You will also learn essential features such as version control, containerization, and identity and access management with the help of real-world use cases. Later, you will understand how to incorporate continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) techniques for serverless applications. Toward the concluding chapters, you will get to grips with how key technologies such as Knative enable Cloud Run to be hosted on multiple platforms including Kubernetes and VMware.
- Explore the various options for deploying serverless workloads on Google Cloud
- Determine the appropriate serverless product for your application use case
- Integrate multiple lightweight functions to build scalable and resilient services
- Increase productivity through build process automation
- Understand how to secure serverless workloads using service accounts
- Build a scalable architecture with Google Cloud Functions and Cloud Run
By the end of this Hands-On Serverless Computing with Google Cloud book, you will have become proficient in confidently developing, managing, and deploying containerized applications on Google Cloud.