Hands-On Selenium WebDriver with Java
- Paperback: 419 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 10, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098110005
- ISBN-13: 978-1098110000
Hands-On Selenium WebDriver with Java: A Deep Dive into the Development of End-to-End Tests: Covers Selenium 4
Get started with Selenium WebDriver, the open source library for automating tests to ensure your web application performs as expected. In this practical hands-on book, author Boni Garcia takes Java developers through Selenium’s main features for automating web navigation, browser manipulation, web element interaction, and more, with ready-to-be-executed test examples.
With this Hands-On Selenium WebDriver with Java book, you’ll learn how to:
- Set up a Java project containing end-to-end tests that use Selenium WebDriver
- Conduct automated interaction with web applications
- Use strategies for managing browser-specific capabilities and cross-browser testing
- Control remote browsers and use advanced browser infrastructure for Selenium WebDriver tests in the cloud
- Model web pages using object-oriented classes to ease test maintenance and reduce code duplication
You’ll start by learning the core features of Selenium (composed of WebDriver, Grid, and IDE) and its ecosystem. Discover why Selenium WebDriver is the de facto library for developing end-to-end tests on your web application. You’ll explore ways to use advanced Selenium WebDriver features, including using web browsers in Docker containers or the DevTools protocol. Selenium WebDriver examples in this book are available on GitHub.