Hands-On Linux Administration on Azure – Second Edition
- Paperback: 508 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 20, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839215526
- ISBN-13: 978-1839215520
Hands-On Linux Administration on Azure, 2nd Edition: Develop a solid understanding of cloud computing, Linux virtual machine, container virtualization, and other fundamental concepts to create and manage your Linux workload in Azure
Thanks to its flexibility in delivering scalable cloud solutions, Microsoft Azure is a suitable platform for managing all your workloads. You can use it to implement Linux virtual machines and containers, and to create applications in open source languages with open APIs.
This Linux administration book first takes you through the fundamentals of Linux and Azure to prepare you for the more advanced Linux features in later chapters. With the help of real-world examples, you’ll learn how to deploy virtual machines (VMs) in Azure, expand their capabilities, and manage them efficiently. You will manage containers and use them to run applications reliably, and in the concluding chapter, you’ll explore troubleshooting techniques using a variety of open source tools.
- Grasp the fundamentals of virtualization and cloud computing
- Understand file hierarchy and mount new filesystems
- Maintain the life cycle of your application in Azure Kubernetes Service
- Manage resources with the Azure CLI and PowerShell
- Manage users, groups, and filesystem permissions
- Use Azure Resource Manager to redeploy virtual machines
- Implement configuration management to configure a VM correctly
- Build a container using Docker
By the end of this Hands-On Linux Administration on Azure, Second Edition book, you’ll be proficient in administering Linux on Azure and leveraging the tools required for deployment.