Hands-On Kubernetes on Windows
- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 31, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838821562
- ISBN-13: 978-1838821562
Hands-On Kubernetes on Windows: Build and deploy scalable cloud applications using Windows containers and Kubernetes
With the adoption of Windows containers in Kubernetes, you can now fully leverage the flexibility and robustness of the Kubernetes container orchestration system in the Windows ecosystem. This support will enable you to create new Windows applications and migrate existing ones to the cloud-native stack with the same ease as for Linux-oriented cloud applications.
This practical guide takes you through the key concepts involved in packaging Windows-distributed applications into containers and orchestrating these using Kubernetes. You’ll also understand the current limitations of Windows support in Kubernetes. As you advance, you’ll gain hands-on experience deploying a fully functional hybrid Linux/Windows Kubernetes cluster for development, and explore production scenarios in on-premises and cloud environments, such as Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Understand containerization as a packaging format for applications
- Create a development environment for Kubernetes on Windows
- Grasp the key architectural concepts in Kubernetes
- Discover the current limitations of Kubernetes on the Windows platform
- Provision and interact with a Kubernetes cluster from a Windows machine
- Create hybrid Windows Kubernetes clusters in on-premises and cloud environments
By the end of this Hands-On Kubernetes on Windows book, you’ll be well-versed with containerization, microservices architecture, and the critical considerations for running Kubernetes in production environments successfully.