Hands-On Enterprise Java Microservices with Eclipse MicroProfile
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838643109
- ISBN-13: 978-1838643102
Eclipse MicroProfile has gained momentum in the industry as a multi-vendor, interoperable, community-driven specification. It is a major disruptor that allows organizations with large investments in enterprise Java to move to microservices without spending a lot on retraining their workforce.
This book is based on MicroProfile 2.2, however, it will guide you in running your applications in MicroProfile 3.0. You’ll start by understanding why microservices are important in the digital economy and how MicroProfile addresses the need for enterprise Java microservices. You’ll learn about the subprojects that make up a MicroProfile, its value proposition to organizations and developers, and its processes and governance. As you advance, the book takes you through the capabilities and code examples of MicroProfile’s subprojects – Config, Fault Tolerance, Health Check, JWT Propagation, Metrics, and OpenTracing. Finally, you’ll be guided in developing a conference application using Eclipse MicroProfile, and explore possible scenarios of what’s next in MicroProfile with Jakarta EE.
- Understand why microservices are important in the digital economy
- Analyze how MicroProfile addresses the need for enterprise Java microservices
- Test and secure your applications with Eclipse MicroProfile
- Get to grips with various MicroProfile capabilities such as OpenAPI and Typesafe REST Client
- Explore reactive programming with MicroProfile Stream and Messaging candidate APIs
- Discover and implement coding best practices using MicroProfile
By the end of this Hands-On Enterprise Java Microservices with Eclipse MicroProfile book, you’ll have gained a clear understanding of Eclipse MicroProfile and its role in enterprise Java microservices.