Hands-On Design Patterns with C++, Second Edition
- Paperback: 626 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (July 21, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804611557
- ISBN-13: 978-1804611555
Hands-On Design Patterns with C++, 2nd Edition: A comprehensive guide with extensive coverage of concepts such as OOP, functional programming, generic programming, concurrency, and STL along with the latest features of C++
C++ is a general-purpose programming language designed for efficiency, performance, and flexibility. Design patterns are commonly accepted solutions to well-recognized design problems. In essence, they are a library of reusable components, only for software architecture, and not for a concrete implementation.
This Hands-On Design Patterns with C++, Second Edition book helps you focus on the design patterns that naturally adapt to your needs, and on the patterns that uniquely benefit from the features of C++. Armed with the knowledge of these patterns, you’ll spend less time searching for solutions to common problems and tackle challenges with the solutions developed from experience. You’ll also explore that design patterns are a concise and efficient way to communicate, as patterns are a familiar and recognizable solution to a specific problem and can convey a considerable amount of information with a single line of code.
- Recognize the most common design patterns used in C++
- Understand how to use C++ generic programming to solve common design problems
- Explore the most powerful C++ idioms, their strengths, and their drawbacks
- Rediscover how to use popular C++ idioms with generic programming
- Discover new patterns and idioms made possible by language features of C++17 and C++20
- Understand the impact of design patterns on the program’s performance
By the end of this Hands-On Design Patterns with C++, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have a deep understanding of how to use design patterns to write maintainable, robust, and reusable software.