Ghidra Software Reverse Engineering for Beginners
- Paperback: 322 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 8, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800207972
- ISBN-13: 978-1800207974
Ghidra Software Reverse Engineering for Beginners: Detect potentials bugs in your code or program and develop your own tools using the Ghidra reverse engineering framework developed by the NSA project
Ghidra, an open source software reverse engineering (SRE) framework created by the NSA research directorate, enables users to analyze compiled code on any platform, whether Linux, Windows, or macOS. This book is a starting point for developers interested in leveraging Ghidra to create patches and extend tool capabilities to meet their cybersecurity needs.
You’ll begin by installing Ghidra and exploring its features, and gradually learn how to automate reverse engineering tasks using Ghidra plug-ins. You’ll then see how to set up an environment to perform malware analysis using Ghidra and how to use it in the headless mode. As you progress, you’ll use Ghidra scripting to automate the task of identifying vulnerabilities in executable binaries. The book also covers advanced topics such as developing Ghidra plug-ins, developing your own GUI, incorporating new process architectures if needed, and contributing to the Ghidra project.
- Get to grips with using Ghidra’s features, plug-ins, and extensions
- Understand how you can contribute to Ghidra
- Focus on reverse engineering malware and perform binary auditing
- Automate reverse engineering tasks with Ghidra plug-ins
- Become well-versed with developing your own Ghidra extensions, scripts, and features
- Automate the task of looking for vulnerabilities in executable binaries using Ghidra scripting
- Find out how to use Ghidra in the headless mode
By the end of this Ghidra Software Reverse Engineering for Beginners book, you’ll have developed the skills you need to harness the power of Ghidra for analyzing and avoiding potential vulnerabilities in code and networks.