Geospatial Data Analytics on AWS
- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 30, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804613827
- ISBN-13: 978-1804613825
Geospatial Data Analytics on AWS: Build an end-to-end geospatial data lake in AWS using popular AWS services such as RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, and Athena to manage geodata
Managing geospatial data and building location-based applications in the cloud can be a daunting task. This comprehensive guide helps you overcome this challenge by presenting the concept of working with geospatial data in the cloud in an easy-to-understand way, along with teaching you how to design and build data lake architecture in AWS for geospatial data.
You’ll begin by exploring the use of AWS databases like Redshift and Aurora PostgreSQL for storing and analyzing geospatial data. Next, you’ll leverage services such as DynamoDB and Athena, which offer powerful built-in geospatial functions for indexing and querying geospatial data. The book is filled with practical examples to illustrate the benefits of managing geospatial data in the cloud. As you advance, you’ll discover how to analyze and visualize data using Python and R, and utilize QuickSight to share derived insights. The concluding chapters explore the integration of commonly used platforms like Open Data on AWS, OpenStreetMap, and ArcGIS with AWS to enable you to optimize efficiency and provide a supportive community for continuous learning.
- Discover how to optimize the cloud to store your geospatial data
- Explore management strategies for your data repository using AWS Single Sign-On and IAM
- Create effective SQL queries against your geospatial data using Athena
- Validate postal addresses using Amazon Location services
- Process structured and unstructured geospatial data efficiently using R
- Use Amazon SageMaker to enable machine learning features in your application
- Explore the free and subscription satellite imagery data available for use in your GIS
By the end of this Geospatial Data Analytics on AWS book, you’ll have the necessary tools and expertise to build and manage your own geospatial data lake on AWS, along with the knowledge needed to tackle geospatial data management challenges and make the most of AWS services.