Geospatial Analysis with SQL
- Paperback: 234 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 27, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 180461646X
- ISBN-13: 978-1804616468
Geospatial Analysis with SQL: Leverage the power of SQL to perform geospatial analysis and increase your speed and efficiency working with a variety of spatial applications such as PostGIS and QGIS
Geospatial analysis is used in almost every industry to answer location-related questions. Combined with the power of SQL, which is becoming a popular choice for developers and analysts worldwide, this technology will help you to solve real-world spatial problems easily. This book shows you how to detect and quantify patterns in datasets through data exploration, data visualization, data engineering, and the application of analysis and spatial techniques.
You’ll begin by exploring the fundamentals of geospatial analysis and understand its importance along with vector and raster models, among other things. You’ll then look at the framework for geospatial analysis using SQL and progress through the chapters to create a spatial database and analyze it. In the next part, you’ll advance to learning about using SQL functions and building SQL queries.
- Understand geospatial fundamentals as a basis for learning spatial SQL
- Generate point, line, and polygon data with SQL
- Create geometry objects with WKT, WKB, and GeoJSON
- Use spatial data types to abstract and encapsulate spatial structures
- Work with open source GIS combined with plug-ins
- Visualize spatial data and expand QGIS functionality with Postgres
- Apply location data to leverage spatial analytics
- Perform single-layer and multiple-layer spatial analyses
By the end of this Geospatial Analysis with SQL book, you’ll be able to make the most of open source libraries and frameworks such as PostGIS and QGIS for analyzing spatial information.