Functional Programming with C#
- Paperback: 325 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 17, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492097071
- ISBN-13: 978-1492097075
Functional Programming with C#: Create More Supportable, Robust, and Testable Code
After decades of relative obscurity, functional programming is finally coming into its own. With concise, easy-to-read code that supports asynchronous, concurrent processing, aspects of functional programming have begun to appear in several traditionally object-oriented languages such as C# and Java. This Functional Programming with C# practical book shows C# programmers how to use functional programming features without having to navigate an entirely new language.
- Learn what functional programming is and how it originated
- Discover features of the functional paradigm using a more familiar language
- Start coding functionally in C# right away, without relying on third-party libraries
- Write code that’s more robust, less error prone, and easier to test
- Examine less conventional ways to look at structures available in C#
- Explore the practicalities of using functional C# in a business environment
Because of the shared runtime environment common to C# and F# languages, it’s possible to use most of F#’s functional features in C# as well. Author Simon J. Painter explains how you can write functional code in C# right away, without having to install dependencies or features newer than .NET 3. You’ll learn why functional programming concepts can bring immediate benefit to your work.