Functional Programming in Go
- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 10, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801811164
- ISBN-13: 978-1801811163
Functional Programming in Go: Leverage core functional programming (FP) concepts to write more maintainable and testable code in Go
While Go is a multi-paradigm language that gives you the option to choose whichever paradigm works best for the particular problem you aim to solve, it supports features that enable you to apply functional principles in your code. In this book, you’ll learn about concepts central to the functional programming paradigm and how and when to apply functional programming techniques in Go.
Starting with the basic concepts of functional programming, this Golang book will help you develop a deeper understanding of first-class functions. In the subsequent chapters, you’ll gain a more comprehensive view of the techniques and methods used in functional languages, such as function currying, partial application, and higher-order functions. You’ll then be able to apply functional design patterns for solving common programming challenges and explore how to apply concurrency mechanisms to functional programming.
- Gain a deeper understanding of functional programming through practical examples
- Build a solid foundation in core FP concepts and see how they apply to Go code
- Discover how FP can improve the testability of your code base
- Apply functional design patterns for problem solving
- Understand when to choose and not choose FP concepts
- Discover the benefits of functional programming when dealing with concurrent code
By the end of this Functional Programming in Go book, you’ll be ready to improve your code bases by applying functional programming techniques in Go to write cleaner, safer, and bug-free code.