Full-Stack Development with JHipster – Second Edition
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 23, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838824987
- ISBN-13: 978-1838824983
Full-Stack Development with JHipster, 2nd Edition: Written by the core development team of JHipster and fully updated for JHipster 6, Java 11, and Spring Boot 2.1 this book will show you how to build modern web applications with real-world examples and best practices
JHipster is an open source development platform that allows you to easily create web apps and microservices from scratch without spending time on wiring and integrating different technologies. Updated to include JHipster 6, Java 11, Spring Boot 2.1, Vue.js, and Istio, this second edition of Full Stack Development with JHipster will help you build full stack applications and microservices seamlessly.
You’ll start by understanding JHipster and its associated tools, along with the essentials of full stack development, before building a monolithic web app. You’ll then learn the JHipster Domain Language (JDL) with entity modeling using JDL-Studio. With this book, you’ll create production-ready web apps using Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Angular, and Bootstrap, and run tests and set up continuous integration pipelines with Jenkins. As you advance, you’ll learn how to convert your monoliths to microservices and how to package your application for production with various deployment options, including Heroku and Google Cloud. You’ll also learn about Docker and Kubernetes, along with an introduction to the Istio service mesh. Finally, you’ll build your client-side with React and Vue.js and discover JHipster’s best practices.
- Create full stack apps from scratch using the latest features of JHipster 6 and Spring Boot 2.1
- Build business logic by creating and developing entity models using JDL
- Understand how to convert a monolithic architecture into a full-fledged microservices architecture
- Build and package your apps for production using Docker
- Deploy your application to Google Cloud with Kubernetes
- Create continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines with Jenkins
- Create applications using Angular, React, and Vue.js client-side frameworks
By the end of the Full-Stack Development with JHipster, Second Edition book, you’ll be able to leverage the best tools available to build modern web apps.