Foundations of PyGTK Development, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 588 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (December 22, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484241789
- ISBN-13: 978-1484241783
Foundations of PyGTK Development: GUI Creation with Python, 2nd Edition
Learn how to develop portable GUI programs to run on multiple operating systems. Revised and updated from the popular original, with a full set of new examples in Python and using PyGTK, this book provides all the information you’ll need to write easy or complex GUI applications, offering one source of knowledge and best practices for user interface creation.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with layout containers including boxes, tables, grid, and panes
- Use the Application and ApplicationWindow classes as the base for your PyGTK application
- Manage dialogs to give general information, error messages, or warnings to the user
- Incorporate styles, images, and the clipboard within your applications
Foundations of PyGTK Development, 2nd Edition presents numerous real-life examples that you can immediately put to use in your own applications. It begins with an overview of key topics such as widget choice, placement, and behavior, before moving on to more advanced issues. Building on your familiarity with Python, the book delves into new topics such as object inheritance early on to allow for a complete understanding of code examples later.