FinOps Handbook for Microsoft Azure
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 12, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801810168
- ISBN-13: 978-1801810166
FinOps Handbook for Microsoft Azure: Drive financial visibility, set cost optimization goals, and reap savings for your organization with proven practices and invaluable insights
To gain a competitive edge in today’s unpredictable economic climate, you’ll need to unravel the mystery of saving costs on Microsoft Azure Cloud. This book helps you do just that with proven strategies for building, running, and sustaining repeated cost optimization initiatives across your organization. You’ll learn how to collaborate with finance, procurement, product, and engineering teams to optimize your cloud spend and achieve cost savings that can make a significant impact on your bottom line.
The book begins by showing you how to effectively monitor and manage your cloud usage, identify cost-saving opportunities, and implement changes that’ll reduce your overall spend. Whether you’re a small start-up or a large enterprise, this book will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve cost savings and maintain a lean cloud infrastructure. As you advance, you’ll find out how to benchmark your current cloud spend and establish a budget for cloud usage. Throughout the chapters, you’ll learn how to negotiate with your cloud provider to optimize your rate, allocate cost for the container, and gain a solid understanding of metric-driven cost optimization.
- Get the grip of all the activities of FinOps phases for Microsoft Azure
- Understand architectural patterns for interruptible workload on Spot VMs
- Optimize savings with Reservations, Savings Plans, Spot VMs
- Analyze waste with customizable pre-built workbooks
- Write an effective financial business case for savings
- Apply your learning to three real-world case studies
- Forecast cloud spend, set budgets, and track accurately
By the end of this FinOps Handbook for Microsoft Azure book, you’ll have become proficient in Azure Cloud financial management with the help of real-world examples, use cases, and scenarios.