Fedora Linux System Administration
- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 24, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1804618403
- ISBN-13: 978-1804618400
Fedora Linux System Administration: Configure your Fedora Linux environment as a professional system administration workstation with this comprehensive guide
Fedora Linux is a free and open-source platform designed for hardware, clouds, and containers that enables software developers and community members to create custom solutions for their customers. This book is a comprehensive guide focusing on workstation configuration for the modern system administrator.
The book begins by introducing you to the philosophy underlying the open-source movement, along with the unique attributes of the Fedora Project that set it apart from other Linux distributions. The chapters outline best practices and strategies for essential system administration tasks, including operating system installation, first-boot configuration, storage, and network setup. As you make progress, you’ll get to grips with the selection and usage of top applications and tools in the tech environment. The concluding chapters help you get a clear understanding of the basics of version control systems, enhanced Linux security, automation, virtualization, and containers, which are integral to modern system administration.
- Discover how to configure a Linux environment from scratch
- Review the basics of Linux resources and components
- Familiarize yourself with enhancements and updates made to common Linux desktop tools
- Optimize the resources of the Linux operating system
- Find out how to bolster security with the SELinux module
- Improve system administration using the tools provided by Fedora
- Get up and running with open container creation using Podman
By the end of this Fedora Linux System Administration book, you’ll have gained the knowledge needed to optimize day-to-day tasks related to Linux-based system administration.