ESP32 Formats and Communication
- Paperback: 646 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 30, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484293768
- ISBN-13: 978-1484293768
ESP32 Formats and Communication: Application of Communication Protocols with ESP32 Microcontroller (Maker Innovations Series)
Although Wi-Fi communication is incorporated in many internet-based applications, knowledge of alternative communication protocols is vital for optimal project development with a microcontroller, such as the ESP32. This ESP32 Formats and Communication book focuses on communication protocols for the ESP32 microcontroller with illustrative projects ranging from a Bluetooth Low Energy beacon communicating with your smart wristwatch to Long Range (LoRa) communication between microsatellites circling 550km above the Earth and an ESP32 microcontroller in your home.
Just as there are different communication protocols, there are different ESP32 microcontroller formats. You’ll examine the features of several ESP32 microcontroller formats, which enable the optimal combination of communication protocol and ESP32 format to achieve the requirements of a project. Several of the communication protocols and ESP32 formats have only been available in the last few months or years, making the book very relevant.
- Study the MESH communication protocol and the ESP-NOW protocol with communication between ESP32 microcontrollers without a Wi-Fi connection
- Review email communication projects with an ESP32 and generation of quick response codes to instruct an ESP32 to control a connected device
- Look at the ESP32-CAM module built around a 2M-pixel camera for streaming images with the WebSocket protocol to a remote ESP32
- Control an ESP32-CAM robot car through remote communication over the internet with image streaming to an Android tablet or mobile phone
Each chapter focuses on a communication protocol and is stand-alone, so they can be read without having to start from the beginning of the book. The chapters are loosely grouped into short- and long-range communication, image management for transmission to a webpage or a remote LCD screen, and the required apps and IoT techniques for remote control of an ESP32-CAM robot vehicle. The advantages of each communication protocol correspond to different project types.