Digital Forensics and Incident Response – Third Edition
- Paperback: 532 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (December 16, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803238674
- ISBN-13: 978-1803238678
Digital Forensics and Incident Response, 3rd Edition: Build your organization’s cyber defense system by effectively applying digital forensics, incident management, and investigation techniques to real-world cyber threats
An understanding of how digital forensics integrates with the overall response to cybersecurity incidents is key to securing your organization’s infrastructure from attacks. This updated Digital Forensics and Incident Response, Third Edition will help you perform cutting-edge digital forensic activities and incident response with a new focus on responding to ransomware attacks.
After covering the fundamentals of incident response that are critical to any information security team, you’ll explore incident response frameworks. From understanding their importance to creating a swift and effective response to security incidents, the book will guide you using examples. Later, you’ll cover digital forensic techniques, from acquiring evidence and examining volatile memory through to hard drive examination and network-based evidence. You’ll be able to apply these techniques to the current threat of ransomware. As you progress, you’ll discover the role that threat intelligence plays in the incident response process. You’ll also learn how to prepare an incident response report that documents the findings of your analysis. Finally, in addition to various incident response activities, the book will address malware analysis and demonstrate how you can proactively use your digital forensic skills in threat hunting.
- Create and deploy an incident response capability within your own organization
- Perform proper evidence acquisition and handling
- Analyze the evidence collected and determine the root cause of a security incident
- Integrate digital forensic techniques and procedures into the overall incident response process
- Understand different techniques for threat hunting
- Write incident reports that document the key findings of your analysis
- Apply incident response practices to ransomware attacks
- Leverage cyber threat intelligence to augment digital forensics findings
By the end of this Digital Forensics and Incident Response, 3rd Edition book, you’ll be able to investigate and report unwanted security breaches and incidents in your organization.