DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu
- Paperback: 436 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 20, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803241349
- ISBN-13: 978-1803241340
DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu: Modernize your apps, run them in containers on Kubernetes, and understand the business value and the nitty-gritty of the VMware Tanzu portfolio with hands-on instructions
As Kubernetes (or K8s) becomes more prolific, managing large clusters at scale in a multi-cloud environment becomes more challenging especially from a developer productivity and operational efficiency point of view. DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu addresses these challenges by automating the delivery of containerized workloads and controlling multi-cloud Kubernetes operations using Tanzu tools.
This comprehensive guide begins with an overview of the VMWare Tanzu platform and discusses its tools for building useful and secure applications using the App Accelerator, Build Service, Catalog service, and API portal. Next, you’ll delve into running those applications efficiently at scale with Tanzu Kubernetes Grid and Tanzu Application Platform. As you advance, you’ll find out how to manage these applications, and control, observe, and connect them using Tanzu Mission Control, Tanzu Observability, and Tanzu Service Mesh. Finally, you’ll explore the architecture, capabilities, features, installation, configuration, implementation, and benefits of these services with the help of examples.
- Build apps to run as containers using predefined templates
- Generate secure container images from application source code
- Build secure open source backend services container images
- Deploy and manage a Kubernetes-based private container registry
- Manage a multi-cloud deployable Kubernetes platform
- Define a secure path to production for Kubernetes-based applications
- Streamline multi-cloud Kubernetes operations and observability
- Connect containerized apps securely using service mesh
By the end of this DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu book, you’ll have gained a thorough understanding of the VMWare Tanzu platform and be able to efficiently articulate and solve real-world business problems.