Developing High-Frequency Trading Systems
- Paperback: 305 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 11, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803242817
- ISBN-13: 978-1803242811
Developing High-Frequency Trading Systems: Use your programming skills to create and optimize high-frequency trading systems in no time with Java, C++, and Python
The world of trading markets is complex, but it can be made easier with technology. Sure, you know how to code, but where do you start? What programming language do you use? How do you solve the problem of latency? This book answers all these questions. It will help you navigate the world of algorithmic trading and show you how to build a high-frequency trading (HFT) system from complex technological components, supported by accurate data.
Starting off with an introduction to HFT, exchanges, and the critical components of a trading system, this book quickly moves on to the nitty-gritty of optimizing hardware and your operating system for low-latency trading, such as bypassing the kernel, memory allocation, and the danger of context switching. Monitoring your system’s performance is vital, so you’ll also focus on logging and statistics. As you move beyond the traditional HFT programming languages, such as C++ and Java, you’ll learn how to use Python to achieve high levels of performance. And what book on trading is complete without diving into cryptocurrency? This guide delivers on that front as well, teaching how to perform high-frequency crypto trading with confidence.
- Understand the architecture of high-frequency trading systems
- Boost system performance to achieve the lowest possible latency
- Leverage the power of Python programming, C++, and Java to build your trading systems
- Bypass your kernel and optimize your operating system
- Use static analysis to improve code development
- Use C++ templates and Java multithreading for ultra-low latency
- Apply your knowledge to cryptocurrency trading
By the end of this Developing High-Frequency Trading Systems book, you’ll be ready to take on the markets with HFT systems.