Designing the Adobe InDesign Way
- Paperback: 564 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 18, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801074437
- ISBN-13: 978-1801074438
Designing the Adobe InDesign Way: Layout multipage documents faster for print and digital output, with consistent control over typography, color and positioning, all whilst using the latest InDesign features to automate repetitive and complex tasks
Adobe InDesign is the leading desktop publishing and layout software for producing brochures, magazines, flyers, books, posters, and a wide range of digital documents. It allows you to rapidly draft your documents with precise control over typography, images, positioning, alignment, color, and other interactive features. However, InDesign’s interface, tools, and workflows can be a bit challenging to get to grips with. This cookbook will assist you in building unparalleled InDesign workflows with tried and tested recipes.
With Designing the Adobe InDesign Way, you’ll learn how to add and edit content, create color swatches, and use features such as tables, all while applying software best practices and techniques to ensure that your work is fast, efficient, and easily maintained. Additionally, you’ll explore advanced InDesign features such as text styles, parent pages, tables of contents, and pre-flighting. Finally, you’ll take a closer look at the many export options in InDesign and ways to truly maximize its capabilities.
- Navigate and customize the InDesign interface
- Understand how to set up new documents for different types of content
- Explore how to add and adjust content within your documents
- Discover a range of tools to speed up your workflow and make you more efficient
- Check your documents for errors and make the required corrections
- Share your document output in different formats based on specific requirements
By the end of this Designing the Adobe InDesign Way book, you’ll be well equipped to draft and design your own projects while ensuring your work is compatible with industry standards for print and digital documents.