Democratizing RPA with Power Automate Desktop
- Paperback: 308 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 28, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803245948
- ISBN-13: 978-1803245942
Democratizing RPA with Power Automate Desktop: Discover how desktop flows can interact with your everyday tools and automate tasks, freeing up time to do more important things
Whether you want to organize simple files or perform more complex consolidations between different Office programs and remote-control applications that don’t allow outside access, Power Automate Desktop helps meet these challenges. This book shows you how to leverage this workflow automation platform by explaining the underlying RPA concepts in a step-by-step way.
You’ll start with simple flows that can be easily recorded and further processed using the built-in recorder. Later, you’ll learn how to use the more advanced actions to automate folder and file management and enable Office programs to interact with each other. You’ll also get to grips with integrating desktop flows into other cloud environments and further enhance their value using AI. As you progress, you’ll understand how flows can run unattended and how they are managed in the Power Platform, as well as key concepts such as creating, modifying, debugging, and error-handling UI flows. Finally, the book will guide you to use Process Automation Designer (PAD) in conjunction with your frequently used desktop systems to automate routine tasks.
- Master RPA with Power Automate Desktop to commence your debut flow
- Grasp all essential product concepts such as UI flow creation and modification, debugging, and error handling
- Use PAD to automate tasks in conjunction with the frequently used systems on your desktop
- Attain proficiency in configuring flows that run unattended to achieve seamless automation
- Discover how to use AI to enrich your flows with insights from different AI models
- Explore how to integrate a flow in a broader cloud context
By the end of this Democratizing RPA with Power Automate Desktop book, you’ll have become a Power Automate Desktop expert, automating both professional and personal tasks.