Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 1st edition (September 28, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0135116694
- ISBN-13: 978-0135116692
Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence: Fully Practical, Insightful Guide to Modern Deep Learning
Deep learning is transforming software, facilitating powerful new artificial intelligence capabilities, and driving unprecedented algorithm performance. Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence is uniquely intuitive and offers a complete introduction to the discipline’s techniques. Packed with full-color figures and easy-to-follow code, it sweeps away the complexity of building deep learning models, making the subject approachable and fun to learn.
World-class instructor and practitioner Jon Krohn-with visionary content from Grant Beyleveld and beautiful illustrations by Aglaé Bassens-presents straightforward analogies to explain what deep learning is, why it has become so popular, and how it relates to other machine learning approaches. Krohn has created a practical reference and tutorial for developers, data scientists, researchers, analysts, and students who want to start applying it. He illuminates theory with hands-on Python code in accompanying Jupyter notebooks. To help you progress quickly, he focuses on the versatile deep learning library Keras to nimbly construct efficient TensorFlow models; PyTorch, the leading alternative library, is also covered.
- Discover what makes deep learning systems unique, and the implications for practitioners
- Explore new tools that make deep learning models easier to build, use, and improve
- Master essential theory: artificial neurons, training, optimization, convolutional nets, recurrent nets, generative adversarial networks (GANs), deep reinforcement learning, and more
- Walk through building interactive deep learning applications, and move forward with your own artificial intelligence projects
You’ll gain a pragmatic understanding of all major deep learning approaches and their uses in applications ranging from machine vision and natural language processing to image generation and game-playing algorithms.