Data Parallel C++, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 660 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (October 18, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484296907
- ISBN-13: 978-1484296905
Data Parallel C++: Programming Accelerated Systems Using C++ and SYCL, 2nd Edition
Learn how to accelerate C++ programs using data parallelism and SYCL.
This open access book enables C++ programmers to be at the forefront of this exciting and important development that is helping to push computing to new levels. This updated Data Parallel C++, 2nd Edition is full of practical advice, detailed explanations, and code examples to illustrate key topics.
SYCL enables access to parallel resources in modern accelerated heterogeneous systems. Now, a single C++ application can use any combination of devices including GPUs, CPUs, FPGAs, and ASICs that are suitable to the problems at hand.
This book teaches data-parallel programming using C++ with SYCL and walks through everything needed to program accelerated systems. The book begins by introducing data parallelism and foundational topics for effective use of SYCL. Later chapters cover advanced topics, including error handling, hardware-specific programming, communication and synchronization, and memory model considerations.
- Accelerate C++ programs using data-parallel programming
- Use SYCL and C++ compilers that support SYCL
- Write portable code for accelerators that is vendor and device agnostic
- Optimize code to improve performance for specific accelerators
- Be poised to benefit as new accelerators appear from many vendors
All source code for the examples used in this Data Parallel C++, 2nd Edition book is freely available on GitHub. The examples are written in modern SYCL and are regularly updated to ensure compatibility with multiple compilers.