Complete Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Development with Unity
- Paperback: 668 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 17, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838648186
- ISBN-13: 978-1838648183
Complete Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Development with Unity: Get close and comfortable with Unity and build applications that run on HoloLens, Daydream, and Oculus Rift
Unity is the leading platform to develop mixed reality experiences because it provides a great pipeline for working with 3D assets.
Using a practical and project-based approach, this Learning Path educates you about the specifics of AR and VR development using Unity 2018 and Unity 3D. You’ll learn to integrate, animate, and overlay 3D objects on your camera feed, before moving on to implement sensor-based AR applications. You’ll explore various concepts by creating an AR application using Vuforia for both macOS and Windows for Android and iOS devices. Next, you’ll learn how to develop VR applications that can be experienced with devices, such as Oculus and Vive. You’ll also explore various tools for VR development: gaze-based versus hand controller input, world space UI canvases, locomotion and teleportation, timeline animation, and multiplayer networking.
- Create 3D scenes to learn about world space and scale
- Move around your scenes using locomotion and teleportation
- Create filters or overlays that work with facial recognition software
- Interact with virtual objects using eye gaze, hand controllers, and user input events
- Design and build a VR storytelling animation with a soundtrack and timelines
- Create social VR experiences with Unity networking
You’ll learn the Unity 3D game engine via the interactive Unity Editor and C# programming. By the end of this Learning Path Complete Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Development with Unity, you’ll be fully equipped to develop rich, interactive mixed reality experiences using Unity.