Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 441 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (May 31, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325334
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325337
Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift, 2nd Edition: Master declarative asynchronous programming with Swift using the Combine framework!: Up to date for iOS 14, Swift 5.3 & Xcode 12
Writing asynchronous code can be challenging, with a variety of possible interfaces to represent, perform, and consume asynchronous work – delegates, notification center, KVO, closures, etc. Juggling all of these different mechanisms can be somewhat overwhelming. Does it really have to be this hard? Not anymore!
In this book, you’ll learn about Combine – Apple’s framework to work with asynchronous events in a unified and reactive way that ensures your app is always up to date based on the latest state of its data. You’ll also find this book interesting if you’re interested in SwiftUI – as many of the reactive capabilities keeping your SwiftUI views up-to-date are built on top of Combine.
With Apple’s introduction of the Combine framework in WWDC 2019, it is clear that Apple aims to position declarative and reactive programming in Swift as a long-term investment and a game-changer in how developers perform and compose pieces of asynchronous work, making it a must-have tool at your disposal.
Topics Covered in Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift, 2nd Edition:
- What & Why: Learn what is Combine and reactive programming and the problems they solve, and how you can unify all of your asynchronous piece of work.
- Operators: Learn how to compose, transform, filter and otherwise manipulate different pieces of asynchronous work using operators.
- In Practice: You’ll gain knowledge on various topics and techniques you’ll leverage when writing your own real-life apps, as well as practice these techniques with actual hands-on apps and projects.
- SwiftUI: You’ll learn about how Combine is deeply rooted within SwiftUI and provides it with the ability to reactively update its views based on the state of your app.
- Advanced Combine: Once you’ve got a handle on the basics, you’ll dive into advanced Combine topics such as Error Handling, Schedulers, and Custom Publishers.
The introduction of Combine as a built-in framework in Apple’s ecosystem is promising news to developers who were interested in frameworks such as RxSwift or ReactiveSwift, but didn’t want the overhead of a third-party dependency; and while experience with either of the above could be useful, it is not a prerequisite for this book. You’ll learn everything from the ground up to become a true Combine master.
By the end of this Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be a pro in building full-fledged applications using Combine’s various abilities.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order 7 Finger Dusting Cleaning Tool Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]