Cloud Native with Kubernetes
- Paperback: 446 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 4, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838823077
- ISBN-13: 978-1838823078
Cloud Native with Kubernetes: Harness Kubernetes’ extensibility to deploy modern patterns and learn to effectively handle production issues
Kubernetes is a modern cloud native container orchestration tool and one of the most popular open source projects worldwide. In addition to the technology being powerful and highly flexible, Kubernetes engineers are in high demand across the industry.
This book is a comprehensive guide to deploying, securing, and operating modern cloud native applications on Kubernetes. From the fundamentals to Kubernetes best practices, the Cloud Native with Kubernetes book covers essential aspects of configuring applications. You’ll even explore real-world techniques for running clusters in production, tips for setting up observability for cluster resources, and valuable troubleshooting techniques. Finally, you’ll learn how to extend and customize Kubernetes, as well as gaining tips for deploying service meshes, serverless tooling, and more on your cluster.
- Set up Kubernetes and configure its authentication
- Deploy your applications to Kubernetes
- Configure and provide storage to Kubernetes applications
- Expose Kubernetes applications outside the cluster
- Control where and how applications are run on Kubernetes
- Set up observability for Kubernetes
- Build a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for Kubernetes
- Extend Kubernetes with service meshes, serverless, and more
By the end of this Kubernetes book, you’ll be equipped with the tools you need to confidently run and extend modern applications on Kubernetes.