Cloud Auditing Best Practices
- Paperback: 268 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 13, 2023)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803243775
- ISBN-13: 978-1803243771
Cloud Auditing Best Practices: Ensure compliance across the top cloud players by diving into AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud auditing to minimize security risks
As more and more companies are moving to cloud and multi-cloud environments, being able to assess the compliance of these environments properly is becoming more important. But in this fast-moving domain, getting the most up-to-date information is a challenge so where do you turn?
Cloud Auditing Best Practices has all the information you’ll need. With an explanation of the fundamental concepts and hands-on walk-throughs of the three big cloud players, this book will get you up to speed with cloud auditing before you know it.
After a quick introduction to cloud architecture and an understanding of the importance of performing cloud control assessments, you’ll quickly get to grips with navigating AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud environments. As you explore the vital role an IT auditor plays in any company’s network, you’ll learn how to successfully build cloud IT auditing programs, including using standard tools such as Terraform, Azure Automation, AWS Policy Sentry, and many more.
You’ll also get plenty of tips and tricks for preparing an effective and advanced audit and understanding how to monitor and assess cloud environments using standard tools.
- Understand the cloud shared responsibility and role of an IT auditor
- Explore change management and integrate it with DevSecOps processes
- Understand the value of performing cloud control assessments
- Learn tips and tricks to perform an advanced and effective auditing program
- Enhance visibility by monitoring and assessing cloud environments
- Examine IAM, network, infrastructure, and logging controls
- Use policy and compliance automation with tools such as Terraform
By the end of this Cloud Auditing Best Practices book, you will be able to confidently apply and assess security controls for AWS, Azure, and GCP, allowing you to independently and effectively confirm compliance in the cloud.