- Paperback: 350 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789801494
- ISBN-13: 978-1789801491
C++ Fundamentals: Write high-level abstractions while retaining full control of the hardware, performances, and maintainability
C++ Fundamentals begins by introducing you to the C++ compilation model and syntax. You will then study data types, variable declaration, scope, and control flow statements. With the help of this book, you’ll be able to compile fully working C++ code and understand how variables, references, and pointers can be used to manipulate the state of the program. Next, you will explore functions and classes – the features that C++ offers to organize a program – and use them to solve more complex problems. You will also understand common pitfalls and modern best practices, especially the ones that diverge from the C++98 guidelines.
As you advance through the chapters, you’ll study the advantages of generic programming and write your own templates to make generic algorithms that work with any type. This C++ book will guide you in fully exploiting standard containers and algorithms, understanding how to pick the appropriate one for each problem.
What You Will Learn
- C++ compilation model
- Apply best practices for writing functions and classes
- Write safe, generic, and efficient code with templates
- Explore the containers that the C++ standard offers
- Discover the new features introduced with C++11, C++14, and C++17
- Get to grips with the core language features of C++
- Solve complex problems using object-oriented programming in C++
By the end of this book, you will not only be able to write efficient code but also be equipped to improve the readability, performance, and maintainability of your programs.